- 1985 born in Flensburg
- 2005-2011 studies of Media Management at the Department of Journalism and Communication Research, Hanover
- 2007 internship at the strategy agency for brands and communication "diffferent", Berlin
- 2008 internship at radio ffn, department of corporate communications, Hanover
- 2008 studies abroad at the Institut de la communication et des médias of the Université Stendhal III, Grenoble
- 2008-2011 Student Assistant at radio ffn, department of corporate communications
- 2008 Project Assistant at the department's research project "Relationships and values of stakeholders of TIME companies in the context of the history of media development and social change" in cooperation with the German Telekom Laboratories, Berlin
- 2009 Student Assistant at the Department of Journalism and Communication Research, Prof. Dr. Carsten Winter
- since September 2011 Research Assistant at the Department of Journalism and Communication Research
Major teaching and research interests
- Social capital and the media
- Political communication
- Coordination of the entrance exams for the M.A. programs "Media Management" and "Media and Music"
- Course guidance for the B.A. program "Media Management"
Geber, S., Hefner, D. & Scherer, H. (2012, October). Media’s impact on trust and collectivism – An international comparative multilevel analysis. Paper presented at the 4th European Communication Conference of the European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA), October 24-27, 2012, Istanbul, Turkey.
Geber, S. (2012, September). Soziales Kapital und Medien in Europa. Eine Mehrebenenanalyse zum Einfluss der Medien auf das soziale Kapital in europäischen Ländern [Social capital and media in Europe. A multilevel analysis on the influence of media on the social capital in European countries]. Paper presented at the Lazarsfeld stipend on the Annual Conference of the Expert Group Methods of the German Society of Mass Communication, September 27-29, 2012, Zurich, Switzerland.
Geber, S., Scherer, H. & Hefner, D. (2012, May). Surfing together: The social capital of media societies. Paper presented at the 62nd Annual Conference of the International Communication Association (ICA), May 24-28, 2012, Phoenix, Arizona, USA.