International applicants

Thank you for your interest in studying at our Department of Journalism and Communication Research (IJK). In order to join our bachelor study programs, you need to have a general university entrance qualification ("Abitur/allgemeine Hochschulzugangsberechtigung"). To join our master programs, you must have completed a bachelor degree in media management, communication science, journalism studies or a related field of studies. All courses are held in German, a basic requirement is therefore proficiency in German language at least at level C1 (e.g. TestDAF 4/5 or DSH-2). It is possible to apply with a B2-certificate, however, you have to provide evidence that you are registered for a C1-course/C1-test. Within one month after start of classes, you have to provide proof of language competence at level C1. As international applicant for our study programs, you will have to undergo the same application procedure as German applicants and will be treated equally. Please find more information on the general university entrance qualification, language requirements and visa on this page.

General information on studying in Germany can be found here.


Last modified: 2020-12-07

To top